This course is designed to meet the requirements for Pilates Alliance Australasia professional development and has been allocated 12 Professional Development Points.
By completing this course, practitioners will learn about the benefits of physical activity during pregnancy and how to support behaviour change.
Pregnancy is an ideal time for practitioners to promote exercise.
- Teach expectant mothers experiencing pelvic girdle pain the value of exercise.
- Remove the fear around exercise and pregnancy.
- Provide a focused exercise prescription for your client’s needs.
Included exercise prescriptions and practitioner notes:
- Aerobic exercises for pregnancy (2 hrs)
- Pregnancy exercises for pelvic girdle/lower back pain (3 hrs)
- Swiss ball exercises for pregnancy (1 hr)
- Upper and lower body strength exercises for pregnancy (3 hrs)
- Abdominal exercises for pregnancy and diastasis rectus abdominis (2 hrs)
- Pelvic floor exercises for pregnancy (1hr)
Exercise prescriptions and Practitioner notes are provided for CPD use only. For a licence to distribute, please become an Evidence for Exercise® Member.
Simply download and study your exercise prescriptions, practitioner notes and videos, login and answer the questionnaires, download your certificate.